7/11/2009

Topshop...the new Urban Outfitters?

Just got home from a week long family vacation in Cape Cod, and right before that, hit up NYC with my boyfriend for some overpriced hipster clothes in SoHo. I was really disappointed by the selection at Urban Outfitters and have been feeling underwhelmed at the website lately; nothing seems to jump out at me anymore and it all seems way overpriced for what you're getting. But, the trip was still a success because we stopped at the brand new four story Topshop...a-mazing! If you haven't heard of it already, its a large retail store for both men and women that is very popular in England, and just recently opened up this summer in New York City. The store contains edgy, bold, trendier pieces and the only downside is that it's a little pricy, but, we were told at the store they're giving 10% off all students for a year so get shopping! I left empty handed but luckily for my boyfriend they had super soft tees which were 2 for $20. Check them out:
    

They had tons of structured blazers with bright lining on the inside; in colors like hot pink and teal that are accented when the sleeves are cuffed- an adorable detail that I'm going to try and recreate. First I need to find a cheap vintage blazer...I've got some serious thrifting to do! I think you'll be seeing a lot more of Topshop lately...check out their site here: Topshop

No comments:

Post a Comment