2/28/2010

"If you have to cry go outside"

I've been totally wrapped up in Kelly Cutrone's book, ever since I got it last week on my snow day. She's honest, funny, and I love hearing her quirky yet surprisingly inspirational stories. I've bookmarked these quotes to look back upon when I'm feeling like I need a little Cutrone sass:

"It was one more thing my mother never told me: if you don't have faith in yourself and in something larger than yourself, and if you want to take this world at face value, you're going to have a fucking nasty ride."

"If anyone really wanted to change the world, they'd bring in the fashion bitches, because nobody gets things done faster."

"The fashion industry is excellent yoga for a naturally fearful person like me in part because its fast-paced, apocalyptic energy requires that you feel and act, not think."

"In an industry like fashion, people always behave badly all around you, but if you resolve to become a spiritual warrior, you learn to laugh and laugh, knowing that other people don't define you and that ultimately their behavior is just helping you work out your own shit."

All I have to say is, you go girlfriend.


Quotes via Kelly Cutrone

No comments:

Post a Comment